Thursday, January 21, 2016

Starting Again.....

Where do I begin....again? Let me tell ya, I've attempted to sit down at the computer and put my thoughts down in writing so many times. If you were to ask my husband if I keep a hand-written journal, he would tell you YES! He has found countless numbers of journals that I've started and never filled up; journals and diaries about what was going on in my life at that moment in time. There is one in particular that I found recently about the months before and during our first moments of dating. I don't even remember writing those words. But when I found it, what a complete treasure it was to open it up and see my feelings on those sweet pages. Treasures, that is what my half-filled up journals are, treasures.

Then, when we had our first child, let's call him The Boy, I found out about blogging. Oh, I thought that was just what I needed! I had no time to sit down with a pen and paper anymore. But with my new found toy, I could write about our adventures as parents AND I could share pictures AND I could get it done quickly. And I did great! For several years, I was very consistent and was very proud of those entries into the cyber world. But then life got a bit more crazy and I've slowed down blogging about the family until almost nothing.....enter the crickets.....the family blog has gone silent......I'm really sad that I've let it go. But I view life as a series of stages and chapters. That was chapter 35, now we're on chapter 45 and it's a little different.

Here we are, about 13 years after my first blog post, that would be four cities, three dogs and three children later, and I'm ready. I'm ready to recommit some of my "free" time to getting the words that are floating around in my head down on "cyber paper". What's my motivation, you might ask. Well, let me tell ya. I recently sat down with my children (you'll get to know them well) and showed them my early cyber journals....journals about them. The looks on their faces were truly priceless when they would read a post that was about their first words, first steps, birthday parties, picking flowers, looking for bugs (or not) or just to see a picture that they had never seen before. They giggled at some of the things I wrote and that made my heart full. They wanted more.

The two big kids, lets call them The Bigs, have requested several times for me to keep up on my journals. I have attempted to start them back up, usually on January 1st, but then life gets busy again. I'm in a new place now. No, we've not moved again, divorced, or anything like that. It just feels like I "should" be writing. I've got so much to say. I've got so much to say about life in general. So this cyber journal won't be filled with what's happening in my family life. Oh, well, maybe a little but it won't be a cyber family photo album. I'm going to revitalize my old site for those types of entries. This is a place where I will be able to share my thoughts on raising children, professional quips, and I might just rant a little. I don't like to do that on Facebook or Twitter, I guess I'm a little old fashion.

So, with a quiet house and little Bailey's in my coffee, here's goes.....I'm a little rusty, so please be patient! 


No comments:

Post a Comment